What: Advance Camp
Where: Solano County Fairgrounds, 900 Fairgrounds Dr., Vallejo
When: Depart OSLC on Saturday, 28 Sep, at 6:00am. Drivers will take scouts to the fairgrounds. Return drivers arrive at the fairgrounds by 5:00pm for return to OSLC by 5:45pm.
Cost: $50 . Fee goes up to $65 on 16 Sep. Registration closes on 25 Sep. Cost does not include courses that have additional fees (e.g., Archery-$25).
Attire: Class A for travel to and from event, Saturday morning flags. Class B during Merit Badge (MB) courses.
What else to bring:
- Day pack to carry the below items
- Bag lunch
- Water bottle
- MB worksheets (see below for additional info)
- Money for the snack shack if desired
Description: What is Advance Camp? It is an opportunity for scouts to work on Trailhead (Tenderfoot, Second-and First-Class skills) and/or earn up to two merit badges from a list of over 60 different ones. Advance course selection is required. Courses are limited to space available and is first come, first served.
How to register courses:
- Review list of courses offered. See attachment below (2019 Advance Camp MB). Identify the MBs you want to take. Most courses run one session either in the am or pm. However, there are some MBs that last all day so you will end up just taking one course. New scouts should take one Trailhead session and one MB course.
- Sign up the scout to go to camp. In the sign up comment field, include your top two MBs (Trailhead if necessary) and two alternates incase primary courses are filled.
- Pay for camp using the following link to the scout store:https://squareup.com/store/troop200/
- Before advance camp, print out the merit badge worksheet and bring to camp. The link is here: usscouts.org. The troop will provide blue cards.
Adult Leader Training: There is available training for adult leaders. Please see attachment.
Drivers: Please indicate how many scouts you can take in the sign up comment field.
Questions? Please reach out to ASM Anthony Toribio at 925-451-4404 or at email@example.com.
Date: 09/28/2019 (Sat.)